Technological Adventures of a Sasquatch archive
September 1, 2013
So I thought the printer was running well enough, turns out not only my design had a few bearing size issues, but my Z axis was trying to travel a little too fast, and skipping a few steps.
Oddly this doesn’t show up on all prints, I now have the Z axis set to 2mm/s and watching snails overtake it.
At least it’s printing correctly – well mostly.
August 31, 2013
A few months ago, I picked up a reprap Huxley. Life happened, and I only recently managed to get it up and running.
After the initial commissioning pain, that apparently all newbies go through, great I got it working 🙂
So of course immediately I discovered the Huxley’s limitations (bed size, and that damn Bowden tube), followed by Thingverse and a burning desire to ‘enhance’ my 3D printer.
At first I looked at minor modifications to my Huxley, but shortly concluded if it’s worth doing, it’s worth going damn well overboard on.
The current goal, is to make a CNC base, with swapable heads, swapable beds and some seriously enhanced firmware.
Once I get the bugs kinked out, the code and files tidied up and if there is any actual interest, I will be happy to release all plans and source code – nothing worse than seeing someones project, getting excited and then not being able to replicate it yourself.